Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Eating my words...

This morning I saw this Facebook post : "Due to some further complications, we are scheduled for a c-section at noon today. 7 weeks early so she will go straight to the NICU. I can't believe I'm about to be a mom!" This friend of mine is due the same day I am. She has been in the hospital on bed rest for about 3 weeks with low fluid levels. Her baby's heart rate dropped today and when they did an ultrasound, they found that the blood flow through the cord was restricted. I look back on Sunday's post and feel like a giant Dumb-A$$, to put it kindly. Her baby is 3 lbs, 6 oz. As I read her post, I had a flood of memories hit me that had somehow gotten repressed. When Jayden was born, they took him to the NICU. His heart rate was extremely high and he wasn't getting enough oxygen. They kept him there for a week. That week came rushing back to me. The helplessness, the exhaustion, the fear, anxiety, frustration, and so on...I don't wish that on ANYONE. I have eaten an entire humble pie today. Quite possibly 3 or 4, to be honest. I am SO grateful for my situation right now. Yes, it is frustrating. Yes, it is emotionally draining. But it is 100,000,000 times better than sitting in the NICU, being unable to hold my darling baby for who knows how long. I want Annie IN MY ARMS IMMEDIATELY, especially after everything I've been going through to get her here. I am grateful that my doctor is taking extra precautions to ensure that. My heart goes out to C and her new little baby girl. I pray that Heavenly Father gives them both the strength they need to overcome this trial. I know that the ONLY way I made it through Jay being in the NICU was through Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment