Saturday, June 2, 2012

BUSY!!!

No, my quest for sanity did not end when Annie was born. If anything, it BEGAN. I'm going to give a quick summary of the last 3 crazy months. While I was on bed rest, Dan started house hunting. I don't know...something about having 3 kids in an apartment didn't really appeal to him. We were all getting claustrophobic, I guess, and so we made a deal that if we bought a house within 6 months of me having the baby, all I had to was show up and sign papers. Dan looked at the house while I was still in the hospital after having Annie, and he took pictures of it to show me in my hospital bed. We made an offer that night without me laying eyes on it. Yes, I am a freaking BRAVE (INSANE) woman!! As it turns out, it IS the perfect house, and I couldn't be happier.

About a week after I had Annie, I found out my paid maternity leave had run out. Since we were going to be buying a house, I kinda needed that... My boss was amazing. He not only created a new position for me to let me pick my own hours, but he INSISTED I bring Annie with me. "A baby's place is with their Mama! I want to see her here every day!" Talk about BLESSINGS!!!

So, I get a new baby, a new house, and went back to work. I laughed at my doctor when he asked me if I had made any major life changes recently, as they could put me at an even higher risk for postpartum depression since I'd had it before. I told him I just didn't have time for it this time around, and that is exactly how it stayed. I have never felt better after having a baby. I think that having so much to do and yet having Annie with me actually helped me avoid it.

After we moved into the house, I started getting a strong feeling I needed to quit my job, even though they were being more than amazing with my schedule and my Annie Arrangement. Summer was coming, she was getting bigger, and we would probably have to put all 3 kids in day care. My paycheck would pretty much just cover day care at that point. This decision was more than a financial one, though. I've ALWAYS wanted to be a Stay At Home Mom and raise my kids. The only reason I was working was because Dan was finishing school and looking for work. I didn't HAVE to work anymore. So, here I am. I am a Stay At Home Mom of 3 kids. I couldn't be happier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment